Monday, July 4, 2011

Squarey Monster 32


Update, July 4, 2011:
More stuff from around the kitchen. Seems like when it's late it's the only room I can find enough light in without disturbing my wife in our little apartment. Kitchen drawers are full of little knick-knacks that can be used to build really cool creatures. When I was a kid, I used to collect tubs of "things" that each had a sentimental memory attached to it. I miss having as much as I used to have, but I do still have some boxes of junk I should plan to build a Squarey Monster with. 

Here's an angled shot showing the depth of the metal cap. It's the cap to a cookie jar we use for dog treats. Note, you don't see the light reflection you see in the top posted pic. That was conscious. When I saw the reflection of the cabinet lights "ruining" the shot I was trying to make I realized I could pull out, and make it look like electricity that might run between the monster's antennae like you might see on a late 50's drive-in movie monster.


Here's a Hipstamatic shot of Monster 32. Hip, huh?


2 comments:

  1. I have to say I'm really loving these object ones, I see a cute kids' book here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Noah :)

    I'm not good at posting from my phone, so I have to update them when I get to a computer. I saw the lights from underneath my countertop shelves, and thought they would work well as the electricity that keeps the monster alive (like the Tesla Coils on old monster movies?).

    ReplyDelete