Saturday, July 2, 2011

Squarey Monster 30


Update, July 4, 2011:
This was my wedding anniversary weekend, so my timeliness suffered. We did a lot of relaxing together, and so creativity was far from my mind. It was the middle of the night July 1 when I woke up in a creative panic, but this time I made the conscious decision to not get up and do something. Last time I woke at 4 AM to make a Squarey Monster I could not get back to sleep. Between the two, I will choose lack of sleep next time. The guilt and anxiety I felt about not doing something first thing when I woke up just completely stumped me. I had no ideas. I have to keep this fun, but apparently most of the fun in it is getting it done. I can't let "not getting it done" be something that throws me. Like when you run long distance, you need walking breaks - especially when you're training.

Anyway, this was a wooden game board I made when I was about 16 years old. I had a plastic game called Hi-Q (wow, still around) that I wanted to make our of wood and marbles.

The stones are various stones I've collected from beaches in Mexico, Thailand and St. Thomas, coral from Thailand, tiny shells from Cabo San Lucas. The flower was just used to dress it up. I hate to just throw flowers away when they dry up. Immortalizing one in a Squarey Monster felt like a good thing to do. Maybe some day I'll make a monster with nothing but petals and leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment